The berries of the black elder plant (Sambucus nigra L.) have been relied upon for centuries to manage cold and flu symptoms.
Black Elderberry Extract has been rigorously tested in scientific studies for antiviral and anti bacterial properties and efficacy against coughs, colds and flu. Studies were conducted in both laboratory settings and on human subjects. In both settings, Black Elderberry Extract has been shown to inhibit bacteria and influenza viruses.
To test the efficacy of European Black Elderberry Extract on the physical and respiratory health of long-distance air travellers, a human clinical study with 312 subjects was arranged.
Approximately 20% of travellers have upper respiratory health problems after a long-distance flight. The immune system and overall health can be severely compromised during long-distance flights, making such travel the perfect setting to test the beneficial effects of Black Elderberry Extract.
- 312 economy class passengers participated at the study
- 158 passengers received Elderberry capsules for 10 days prior to and 5 days after the flight (600-900 mg daily dosage)
- 154 passengers received a placebo in the same time period
- Cold episodes, cold duration and symptoms all recorded
Facts about Colds and Flu and their Economic Impact
These evident proofs of the efficacy of European Black Elderberry Extract on the physical and respiratory health is of great value because there are high numbers of flu infections every year. Therefore, flu prevention is a hot topic.
The following numbers about flu season in the US might provide a better understanding:
- 45 million cases of flu
- 21 million flu-related medical visits
- 810,000 flu-related hospital admissions
- 61,000 flu-related deaths
Credit Website : https://www.eldercraft.info/en/health